Legal Info

Celebrant Guarantee

As a valued member of the Enchanted Ceremonies group of non-denominational Celebrants, Holistic Ministers & Solemnisers, there is always a backup Celebrant on hand in case of an unforeseen emergency – this is your Celebrant guarantee!

Legal Info

To be legally married in Ireland, here are the four most important things you must do first, to ensure your wedding ceremony is a legally recognised marriage.  Not necessarily in this order:

1. Choose Your Celebrant/Solemniser

For a legal marriage in Ireland you must choose a Celebrant who is a Registered Solemniser of Marriages (like me!).   

If you choose a Celebrant who isn’t a Registered Solemniser, you will need to attend the HSE Civil Registration Office on another day with your witnesses for a Registry office marriage, which isn’t ideal for you.If you choose me as your Celebrant/Solemniser your wedding ceremony will be a real legal marriage ceremony, if that’s what you want.

2. Choose Your Wedding Venue

You really are spoiled here in Ireland with a multitude of beautiful wedding venues to choose from.  You can choose from the many castles, mansion houses and luxury hotels, or arts centres, and approved cultural sites throughout the country. 

3. Choose Your Two Witnesses

Your 2 witnesses must be over the age of 18.  You will need their legal names and dates of birth for your marriage notification appointment.

4. “Notification of intent to Marry” with the HSE

If it’s less than 12 months to your wedding date, the first thing you must do, is to book your in-person appointment with the HSE to lodge your “Notification of Intention to Marry”.

Note: If you live outside of Ireland you can lodge your NOIM by email.  (Don’t ever post original copies of important documents from overseas, as they can be lost in the post)   Just contact the HSE office closest to where you will be staying in Ireland and they will email you the forms and information you need.

Lodging your NOIM must be done at least 3 months before your wedding, or up to a maxium of 12 months before your wedding.

To attend your “Notification Appointment” you will need to provide your Solemniser name and address and also the Wedding Venue name and address. Please check the HSE website for a list of all documents required for your appointment. 

If you don’t already have your Wedding Venue and Solemniser chosen, you can book your “Notification Appointment” with sufficient time in the future so you have time to choose these. 

On your Wedding Day, Remember to bring your green folder and Marriage Registration Form to be signed during your ceremony.

On the next business day (or as soon as possible within 30 days) return your completed MRF to the HSE Civil Registration Office to complete the legal marriage registration process.


Make Reservation


Get Newsletter